Senior Software Engineer - Bandwidth
March 2021 - Present
- I work on the Integrations team to create tools for onboarding new customers and products into Bandwidth's voice network. Many of these products are BYOC programs, managed by a Spring(Java) service.
- Send-To, an extension to Microsoft Teams written in Typescript that allows users to send SMS messages without leaving the application.
- Call Assure, a service that reroutes customer traffic in the event of network problems. Call Assure brings in over $90k MMR.
- Cisco Cloud Connect, a BYOC program for WebEx.
- Micrsoft Operator Connect, a BYOC program for Teams.
- Containerized the team's projects with Docker to make them easier to deploy. Built CI pipelines in Github Actions to build the images.
- Instrumented Java and Node apps for observability using Open Telemetry libraries, and Datadog.
- Mentor junior developers through code review and pair programming.
Software Engineer - Fidelity Charitable
March 2018 - March 2021
- Wrote a part of the customer facing site that would let customers contribute assets from non-fidelity accounts (nodejs, angular).
- Wrote a web service that allowed customers to automatically transfer certain assets from brokerage to charitable accounts.
- Worked on an initiative to upgrade a customer service application from Java/Struts to Angular.
- Wrote a python script to replace login credentials in hundreds of tests after the test database had been refreshed.
- Wrote automated unit, browser, and api tests.
- Worked on "Innovation Day" hackathons. For one I implemented a tool that provided our front end with realistic data in test environments, and for another I worked with a designer to create a proof of concept for a front end component.
- Was on the architecture group where I wrote documentation and made proof of concepts for things that the architecture team wants to see used in the wider organization. For example I configured a code analysis tool to work with NodeJS Jenkins pipelines.
Maintainer - Homebrew
May 2019 - January 2021
- Worked on the homebrew cli application. Fixed issues and reviewed pull requests.
- Updated and reviewed updates to Homebrew’s core repository.
Automation Developer - Trilliant
June 2017 - March 2018
- Wrote a framework to automate performance testing for latency of wireless WAN layer 2 networking devices with python and iperf.
- Built a screen reader using python to control devices under test over telnet.
- Used vlans and virtual interfaces to programmatically arrange devices into arbitrary topologies.
Firmware Test Engineer - Honeywell
January 2017 - June 2017
- Wrote python scripts to test smart utility meters.