Senior Software Engineer - Bandwidth
March 2021 - Present
- Work on the Integrations/Unified Communications team to create tools for onboarding and integrating new customers and products into Bandwidth's voice network.
- Break down high level business initiatives into actionable tickets for the team.
- Built "Send-To", an extension to Microsoft Teams (typescript, nodejs) that allows users to send SMS messages without leaving the application.
- Developed "Call Assure" (java, spring), a service that reroutes customer traffic in the event of network problems.
- Integrated Bandwidth's voice services with Cisco's WebEx ecosystem.
- Instrumented observability (metrics, logs, traces) in java and node apps using Datadog and Prometheus.
Software Engineer - Fidelity Charitable
March 2018 - March 2021
- Wrote a part of the customer facing site that would let customers contribute assets from non-fidelity accounts (nodejs, angular). A part of this also involved writing a web-service (java, spring) to serve pdf's.
- Wrote a web-service that allowed customers to automatically transfer certain assets from brokerage to charitable accounts. These transfers used to require manual intervention.
- Updated parts of a legacy customer service application (struts, java) to run on a more modern web framework (angular 8 w/ ngrx). This also involved writing new micro-services.
- Fixed a bug where some grants to charities were categorized incorrectly, and wrote a SQL script that amended existing records.
- Wrote a python script to replace login credentials in hundreds of tests after the test database had been refreshed.
- Worked on "Innovation Day" hackathons. For one I implemented a tool that provided our front end with realistic data in test environments, and for another I worked with a designer to create a proof of concept for a front end component.
- Was on the architecture group where I spent part of my time writing documentation and making proof of concepts for things that the architecture team wants to see used in the wider organization. For example I configured a code analysis tool (sonar) to work with nodejs jenkins pipelines.
Maintainer - Homebrew
May 2019 - January 2021
- Worked on the homebrew cli application (ruby). Fixed issues and reviewed pull requests.
- Updated and reviewed updates to Homebrew’s core repository.
Automation Developer - Trilliant
June 2017 - March 2018
- Wrote a framework to automate performance testing for latency of wireless WAN layer 2 networking devices with python and iperf.
- Built a screen reader using python to control devices under test over telnet.
- Used vlans and virtual interfaces to programmatically arrange devices into arbitrary topologies.